Samsul Said born in Pekan, Pahang, a freelance International photojournalist based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Samsul, is specialising in providing high-quality images in Photojournalism (News), Lifestyle, Travel Photography with a strong interest in culture. Samsul had been to Xinjiang, China in 2012 for two weeks to finish the special project within Malaysia-China travel magazine and represent Malaysia for judging “Xinjiang through the lens” photo contest for 12 countries in China. He also received a Hostile Environment training course for 5 days in Bangkok under Dynamic company organised by Reuters. With more than 11 years of experience in the industry and now move forward to work with NGO team in Malaysia such a FoodFlottilla For Myanmar in Bangladesh by 184 participant in 2017 from 12 countries and also a Yayasan Alammiyah for humanity aspect coverage (Sekolah Pondok in South East Asia ).
Samsul also involved in the book making “The Economy History of Malaya” with the author HRH Sultan Nazrin Shah, king of the state of Perak. The book was published by Oxford University Press in London. Now he working on a long-term project about ethnic Rohingya struggles for their life in Myanmar, Bangladesh and Malaysia. Samsul work has been published in many publications worldwide such Time Magazine, Washington Post, USA Today, The Guardian, The Telegraph, The Huffington Post, Boston Big Pictures, L.A Times, Bangkok Post, The New York Times Online, China Daily, Lavanguardia, Media Indonesia, Jakarta Post, National Post, International Herald Tribune, Globe and Mail Canada, The Wall Street Journal, The National Post, Times of Oman, Times of India, REUTERS Our World Book (Volume 5) and local newspaper and Magazine such as The Star, The Sun, The News Straits Times Press, The Malay Mail, Sinar Harian, Libur, Dewan Masyarakat (Magazine), Astro Awani News online, Going Places flight magazine and Dewan Budaya (Magazine). Now a (Freelance basis) based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Samsul Said began his career in 2005 as a Travel photographer for local magazine Libur and Traverama as a Staff photo, before joining local daily Newspaper such a Akhbar Sinar Harian and The Malay Mail, in 2008 Samsul start do a freelancer for Agence-France Presse (AFP), European Press Photo Agency (EPA) and Reuters in Kuala Lumpur desk. In 2014 Samsul was hired as Reuters’s contract photographer for Malaysia, to coverage News in Malaysia and Brunei in the country following RTS Photo department HQ in Singapore. After 6 years of service with the agency, Samsul Said is now an independent freelance photographer and start do News coverage for GettyImages News Asia Pasific (APAC) as a contributor and Stringer contract.
INTERNATIONAL NEWS COVERAGE
– The 2017 SEA Games in Kuala Lumpur.
– FoodFlottila For Myanmar Journey to Bangladesh camp 2017 cross Andaman sea and Bangal Sea by Nautical Aliya ship for 23 days with 184 participant from 12 country to send food.
– Malaysia Human Trafficking (Rohingya) 2016
– Malaysian Airlines tragedy MH370 & MH17
– US President Obama visit Malaysia 2014
– Missing Malaysian Airline flight MH370 2014
– Malaysia General Election, 2013
– Anti government Bersih protest, 2016
– Indonesia Eruptions, 2012
– Malaysian politics 2007- 2017
– 6 years Malaysian Formula One
– 5 years Malaysian MotoGP
– 5 years GOLF Malaysia open/ PGA/ LPGA
– ATP Tennis Malaysia Open
– WTA Tennis Malaysia open
– Badminton Malaysian Open
– Manchester United in Malaysia
– Chelsea in Malaysia
- 2017 – Al -Jamal (The Beauty of Islam) Kuala Lumpur.
- 2014 – Foreign Correspondents Club of Malaysia (FCCM), Malaysia Airlines photo exhibitions Kuala Lumpur
- 2012 – Kembara Sutera Xinjiang Through The Lens, International Radio China Beijing.