SAMSUL SAID PROFILE
SAMSUL SAID is an international award-winning photojournalist born in Pekan, Pahang, Samsul is specialising in providing high-quality images in Photojournalism (News), Lifestyle, Travel Photography with a strong interest in culture. Samsul had been to Xinjiang, China in 2012 for two weeks to finish the special project within Malaysia-China travel magazine and invited judge for International photo festivals “Xinjiang through the lens” photo contest for 12 countries at International Radio China (CRI) in Beijing (HERE). He also received a Hostile Environment training course for 5 days in Bangkok under Dynamic company organised by Reuters. With more than 12 years of experience in this industry and now move forward to work with NGO team in Malaysia such a FoodFlottilla For Myanmar in Bangladesh by 184 participant in 2017 from 12 countries and also for humanity aspect coverage (Sekolah Pondok in SouthEast Asia ) HERE.
Samsul also involved in the book making “The Economy History of Malaya”with the author HRH Sultan Nazrin Shah, king of the state of Perak (HERE). The book was published by Oxford University Press in London. He also a members and Camera influencer for Global Fujifilm camera ( X-Photographer) HERE. His work has been published in many publications worldwide.
Samsul Said began his career in 2005 as a Travel photographer for local magazine Libur and Traverama as a Staff photo at Kumpulan Karangkraf (KKSB), before joining local daily Newspaper such a Akhbar Sinar Harian and The Malay Mail, in 2008 Samsul start do a freelancer for Reuters in Kuala Lumpur newsdesk as a freelance basis. In 2014 Samsul was hired as Reuters’s contract photographer for Malaysia, to coverage News in Malaysia and Brunei in this country. After 6 years of service with the agency, Samsul Said is now an independent photographer and start do shooting for editorial International News assignment for GettyImages News Asia Pasific (APAC) as a contributor and Bloomberg News photo in Kuala Lumpur.
- First Place And First Person in Southeast Asia Win Sony World Photography Awards 2018 ( Current Affairs & News ) in London.
- Selangor International Indigenouns Arts Festivals 2018 (Merit Prize)
- World Photography Cup 2018, Malaysia ( 3rd place Photojournalism & Reportage categories)
- Global Migrant Festivals In Singapore 2018 (‘Life inside the Refugee Camp’)
- FJM Photography Tips and Knowledge talk at Duyong Marina Resort Terengganu 2019 (Photojournalism)
- 2017 – Al -Jamal (The Beauty of Islam) Kuala Lumpur.
- 2014 – Foreign Correspondents Club of Malaysia (FCCM), Malaysia Airlines MH370 photo exhibitions Kuala Lumpur.
- 2018 – Photography Exhibition in Somerset House London (Sony World Photography Awards)